Thursday 4 December 2008

Most. Delicious. Coffee. Ever.

I found this tip a few days ago (can't remember where, unfortunately) and I've been playing around with it for the past few days.

When making coffee, add a pinch of salt to the beans just before you grind them (just sprinkle on top of beans after you put them in the grinder). It seems really weird, I know, but it seriously makes the coffee taste amazing. Wherever it was I found this tip, there was a long, foodie discussion in the comments about how salt is used to cancel out bitterness. That's a bit over my head, though; all I know is that it makes some delicious coffee! You will have to play around with it, though. As I get up a good deal later than my parents, I make my own coffee, and just enough for a cup or two, so my first attempts were a tad too salty––but still tasty, strangely enough.

Anyway. I know it sounds weird, but it is so worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment